Why is smoking so addictive?
Nicotine in cigarettes is responsible for the kick of pleasure. Nicotine isn’t hazardous, but tobacco actually contains other plenty of harmful and cancer inducing substances which are ingested as tar.
Understanding the withdrawal symptoms when quitting smoking?
One of the main reasons smokers keep smoking is nicotine. Nicotine is a chemical in cigarettes that makes you addicted to smoking. Over time, your body gets used to having nicotine. However, the more you smoke, the more nicotine you need to feel normal. When your body doesn’t get nicotine, you may feel uncomfortable and crave cigarettes. This is called withdrawal.
Most withdrawal symptoms begin within the first 1-2 days, peak in first week and last for 3-4 weeks. Listed are a few withdrawal symptoms:
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Craving for smoking
- Increased hunger
- Impaired performance
Nicotine Replacement Therapy
NRT is one of the most successful tools for treating smoking addiction. It consists of several quitting tools such as gums, patches, lozenges, inhalers, and sprays. They provide you the required nicotine supply which keeps you away from smoking. It is seen that people who use any form of NRT are more successful in quitting the smoking habit.
Nicotine patch therapy is one of the best ways NRT offers to quit smoking. A nicotine patch is a transdermal patch that releases nicotine into the body through the skin. It is used as an aid in NRT, a process for smoking cessation. When you apply the nicotine patch to your skin it starts to absorb the nicotine which later enters your blood. This nicotine released by the patch will suppress the smoking urges keeping you away from cigarettes.
2baconil 's nicotine patches are very effective and easy-to-use quit smoking aid. They are available in different strengths. 7 mg, 14 mg, and 21 mg are the patch strength you can buy. You can easily buy the nicotine patch from the pharmacies and can also order online to save time.
Follow these techniques for nicotine patches to work effectively –
- Wear the patch on your chest or high on your arm.
- Put on a new patch after 24 hours. If you have trouble sleeping or have disturbing dreams, remove the patch before you go to bed and put on a new one first thing when you wake up.
- No need to change your daily routine – with the patch, you can shower, swim and enjoy all your favorite physical activities.
- Side effects may include redness and soreness under the patch. To help reduce side effects, you should change the location of the patch each day.
Benefits of using patches –
- Is available in various doses without a prescription.
- Is easy to use.
- Can control nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms for 24 hours at a time.
- Can be used in combination with other quit-smoking aids.
- Can be gradually tapered off as your cravings and withdrawal symptoms decrease.
Nicotine gum is a type of chewing gum that delivers nicotine to the body. It is used as an aid in nicotine replacement therapy. It helps you to manage the nicotine cravings keeping you off cigarettes. They are available in a couple of different strengths 2 mg and 4 mg.
Follow these techniques for nicotine gum to work effectively –
- To release nicotine from the gum, bite a piece until it has a peppery taste, or you notice a tingly sensation in your mouth.
- To let the nicotine, absorb, hold the gum between your gum line and cheek until the taste or tingly sensation stops.
- To release more nicotine, bite and hold again
- Repeat the cycle for about 30 minutes, then discard the gum because all the nicotine in it has been used.
Benefits of nicotine gum –
- Is available without a prescription in two doses — 2 mg or 4 mg.
- Can control the sudden nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms that you might experience while using other quit-smoking medications.
NRT generally lasts two to three months. After this period the dose can be reduced gradually. The idea is to let the body get used to being without nicotine so that you don’t suffer withdrawal symptoms.
NRT not helps you to quit smoking but also helps you to overcome nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Start with NRT and put an end to your smoking habit in just 12 weeks to live a tobacco-free life.