With increasing awareness about the dangers of smoking, it is no wonder that many people want to quit this deadly smoking habit. Giving up a smoking habit can be extremely challenging though you have all the best intentions and strong mindset, due to the addictive nature of nicotine. People try a lot of quitting methods but fail and return to smoking. Many seek medical help and a few also go for rehab programs.
There are many simpler ways you can overcome the smoking habit. One of which is nicotine replacement therapy. As the name suggests it acts as a replacement for nicotine. This is because nicotine is a very addictive substance and affects your brain.
Nicotine patches are the most used NRT by the smokers to quit smoking. Although nicotine replacement therapies come in several forms, the patch has several advantages. A nicotine patch is a form of NRT that is an important part of your quit smoking plan.
With NRT, individuals can learn to manage their cravings without feeling deprived or overwhelmed throughout this challenging process. There are many advantages of using the nicotine transdermal patches when compared to any other quitting tools.
- Unlike nicotine lozenges and gums, which you must keep taking throughout the day, the nicotine patch helps you regulate nicotine intake.
- Nicotine patch Therapy increases your chance of quitting significantly by 50-70% compared to quitting without help.
- Tobacco in cigarettes contains harmful chemicals other than just nicotine. Patches do not contain those chemicals found in cigarettes.
- Patches contain much less nicotine on average compared to smoking tobacco, plus the nicotine is absorbed in a controlled rate.
- There are very low chances of becoming dependent on the nicotine patches if you do not use it for longer than the recommended time frame.
- Patches deliver a steady supply of nicotine through the skin and into the bloodstream for 24 hours which keep your urges in control. So the urge to smoke a cigarette on waking up will be minimized.
- Nicotine patch therapy is not patient dependent. As the person does not need to engage in timely reminders of dosage for consumption unlike gums/lozenges. So, patches has higher compliance ratio.
- It’s an effective substitute for people who find it hard to comply with the strict regime of oral medication which are available for smoking cessation.
- The 2baconil patch is hidden under the patient’s clothes thereby not disclosing that the patient is on Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT).
The nicotine patch is a very simple and easy-to-use device which is easily available at all the pharmacies near you. They come in different strengths of 7 mg, 14 mg, and 21 mg. You can choose one according to the number of cigarettes you smoke per day. If you smoke more than 20 cigarettes you can start with the highest strength or in case, you are just a beginner or smoking less than 20 cigarettes you can go with the lowest one.
You can consult a doctor if you are not sure which patch strength to start with. It is recommended that you continue with the NRT for at least 12 weeks to completely stop smoking. Come up with a quitting program to effectively manage your nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
2baconil is the leading manufacturer of nicotine patches in India. The use of latest technologies makes the nicotine patches more effective. Start your quit tobacco smoking journey with the best nicotine patches and live a healthy life.
Looking to make a permanent change? Quit today.